Menu
Max_V
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My V6 and Tivo box have issues with (mainly) ITV channels

Both boxes in my home will not show ITV channels, have issue with some Channel 4 channels and other seemingly random channels. When the channel is selected the sounds works but the picture is just digital dropout and a static image from the previous channel. I have rebooted both boxes and checked the various wires in and out of TVs, boxes and hubs. Is there a fix for this issue?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My V6 and Tivo box have issues with (mainly) ITV channels

This sounds like a signal issue, manifesting as picture breakup. I'd expect you to get signal related error codes too - possibly (but not guaranteed) W02.

You'll probably find the random channels all share a common broadcast frequency without your realising. I'd also expect- so I'll ask - OnDemand should be unaffected, it uses the internet unlike live TV.

If you've rebooted the boxes, then there's an underlying fault. Check for existing issues first by calling 0800 5610061.

If nothing's listed, then it's probably only affecting you and you'll need to report it. Either by calling VM or by waiting on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Max_V

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV service.

I have looked into your account and can see that you have issues with the signal strength coming into your box, we will need a technician visit to resolve this.

I need to send over a private message, so that we can confirm some details and we can then book the visit for you. Please look out for my message.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that @Max_V.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos