Menu
deborahl1303
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My TV box is very hot and making a noise, how do I get a new one please?

Hi all, my TV box is getting very hot and making a noise now, also very slow to respond. Can I get a new one please?

Debs

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TV box is very hot and making a noise, how do I get a new one please?

You need to call Virgin Media faults.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", ingore the inducements to "go online" etc and wait for a faults agent to answer.

And naturally, if your box is too hot to touch, switch it off at the mains. No amount of TV is worth creating a fire risk.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
deborahl1303
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you I did this and the person told me after holding for 40 minutes to delete the suggested recordings as that should fix it! I mean, seriously. Then told me to wait for 48 hours. It's pretty clear I need a new box event o me who doesn't work for Virgin in the faults department. Not impressed at all to be honest but thanks for your answer.

Deborah

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@deborahl1303 wrote:

Hi, thank you I did this and the person told me after holding for 40 minutes to delete the suggested recordings as that should fix it! I mean, seriously. Then told me to wait for 48 hours. It's pretty clear I need a new box event o me who doesn't work for Virgin in the faults department. Not impressed at all to be honest but thanks for your answer.

I hope you don't take this as rude.... but didn't you query this "suggestion" while you were talking to the faults agent?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos