cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Shows list

Scrapdoodle
On our wavelength

Apologies for a simple question but how do I stop 'My Shows' (ie my recordings) list constantly filling up with shows that I have not recorded but are available on line.  I want my list to only show the items that I have deliberately recorded and have not yet watched/deleted.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Follow Home > My Shows > Manage my series links and locate the series link you believe is related to these bookmarks.

Check the settings for that series link, specifically the "Include" field at the top. If it's set to "streaming videos", there's your answer - if you don't want VoD to be included, then change the option to "recordings only"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This sounds like your V6 is set to record "suggestions", this can be disabled by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings.

My only suspicion is that you've mentioned these programmes being "available on-line", in which case these are VoD bookmarks. The likely reason for those is that you have a SL that's set to include streaming videos.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks Jappits

Have followed your suggestion but 'Recordings' under Settings only allows me to refuse to have suggestions recorded and that is already 'off' anyway.

What is happening is that links to programmes that I may have recorded in the past are showing in amongst the links to programmes that are actually recently recorded and waiting to be watched or deleted.  At least one of these suggestion links takes me to a Sky programme and tells me that I would have to pay and join in order to watch it.  - Totally useless.  I keep deleting these suggestion links by pressing the bottom left hand button on the remote and confirming that I want to delete all of the recordings under this heading (even though I have not recorded anything) the link then disappears but will reappear some days later.  There can be up to 10 of these useless suggestion links in amonst my list of recorded programmes.  I have no idea what VoD should have got into my system as I have never requested such

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From what you're describing, these are OnDemand bookmarks.

These can either be created by using the "Bookmark in my shows" option, or they're coming from a series-link that has "streaming videos" set under the "include" field.

Is there a pattern to these programmes that might indicate what the series is?

Hi jappitts

Sorry for the delay in replying but I cleared all of these dead items a few days ago but they are now returning and as you said, they are stating 'On Demand Available'.

They relate to shows that I have previously had or still have a series link for.  One appeared on Tuesday for Formula 1 which for which I have a current series link and another relates to a documentary for which I also have a series link but is no longer shown on Freeview.    If I persue the latter, it takes me to a Sky TV link which I cannot access without paying.  So it appears that they are  as you suggest some sort of Bookmark but I do not remember how I initiated them. But more importantly, any idea how I can stop them.  I have looked in all logical places but can see no reference to Bookmarking on demand recordings, nor can I see any logic in bringing up an icon for a programme the last episode I have seen and the next of which will be automatically recorded in a few days time.

Thanks for any suggestions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Follow Home > My Shows > Manage my series links and locate the series link you believe is related to these bookmarks.

Check the settings for that series link, specifically the "Include" field at the top. If it's set to "streaming videos", there's your answer - if you don't want VoD to be included, then change the option to "recordings only"

Thanks for such a prompt reply japitts.  I will give it a try in the morning

I have checked my series links list (there are over 200 programmes in the list but the vast majority are 'greyed out') and I did as you suggested for a couple of the 'culprits'.  I then realised that all of the shows in the list were set to 'recordings and streaming videos'.  This is obviously the default setting when I elect to record a series.. 

As these 'rougue items' appear on My Shows list, I will delete the streaming element and that should solve my problem (which is just one of annoyance).

So, as I understand it, every time that somewhere a broadcasting organisation is streaming an episode that is on my list, I will receive notification in  'My Shows' list, even if that stream is by a company for which I do not have an account (and therefore will not be able to access).  In view of the potential, It seems odd that I only get about 8 of these notifications regularly coming through.

Again, many thanks for your advice