cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiroom mini box with V6

NaomiT29
Tuning in

Does anyone know if you can add one of the new mini boxes without upgrading the firmware on an existing V6 box from TiVo to 360? Nothing anywhere seems to say if this is possible, every mention I can find of utilising the new multiroom system only mentions upgrading the V6 box but not if this is a base requirement, and the 'learn more' links are complete dead ends.

We're planning on making our loft conversion a second leisure room and a mini box would be ideal, but from what I've seen on the 360 forum pages about some of the functionality differences between that and the TiVo, I'm not in the slightest bit interested in 'upgrading' for as long as I have a choice about it.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The voluntary choice to convert from the TiVo-platform (which drives TiVo & V6 boxes) to the 360 platform, is completely separate from any multiroom installation. For any TiVo/V6 customer who is happy with their equipment, there is no requirement to migrate to the newer platform.

The only difference is that you've mentioned mini-boxes - these only exist in 360-land and don't have hard drives. If you're on the TiVo-platform, all additional boxes are fully functional V6 with hard drives.

You'll end up calling into VM to arrange a multiroom installation - the additional box will be somewhere in the £7-£10/month range, but that depends on your package and whether a newer bundle is more cost-effective. If you don't have a co-ax install point where you want the new box, then it'll be a manned installation. And be fully prepared for a sales pitch for 360 when you call, just politely decline if you don't want it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NaomiT29, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear you're wanting an additional box installed. 

As mentioned above by our VIP japitts, the V6 and 360 are didn't softwares. It wouldn't be possible to have a mini box unless you already have the 360 service. 

We're not able to arrange package changes here via the Forum so you will need to speak to the team on 0345 454 1111. They can look at the cost differences and bundle changes for you to decide if you wish to go ahead. 

You will need to ensure you request for an additional V6 and as mentioned by japitts, if they offer the 360, just decline. There may be a new minimum term contract when changing so be sure to listen out for that too. 

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs