Menu
bucka_1975
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Multiroom - 2nd TV V6 box doesn't work

I have just upgraded my virgin package to include skysports and at the same time decided to purchase a 2nd TV V6 box for my sons room.  Talking through this in detail with the SALES person, they said that this would work directly off the Wifi as long as it is on the same broadcast network as the main/primary TV V6 box which is connected to the external Virgin media Coax feed. 

The box has arrived, booted it up, connected to the wifi and it fails to verify.    Therefore I removed the primary box and replaced it with the 2nd box just to activate it, downloaded the channels and then at least I can connect to the menu via the remote.  That all worked, BUT then I reconnect the main TVV6 box back and then re-connected the secondary back in my sons room on the wifi and it fails to load - Unable to prepare channel..

Have I been mis-sold and actually the second box will not work unless it has its own dedicated external Virgin media coax feed?

Would welcome a helpful response, as the fault help line with Virginmedia was not exactly technical or easy to understand, i.e. scripted answers.

Look forward to being enlightened. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Multiroom - 2nd TV V6 box doesn't work

Both rooms need a Virgin Coaxial connection, the second box won't work solely off WiFi, they all require the Coax connection.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Multiroom - 2nd TV V6 box doesn't work

Hi as has been stated all virgin TV boxes need a coaxial cable connection. Regards Micky