Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Multi room

What I have recorded in my living room I can’t watch it in my bedroom keeps saying V401, I tried everything turning it all of restarting the V6 boxes even the router but still same problem,I went onto the network on the V6 boxes to see if I could change the 2.4ghz to 5ghz but it’s not there anymore. ? Trying to talk to somebody from virgin is impossible on the phone for over 2 hours on standby with stupid music so gave up then tried the chat even worse. Had nothing but problems with virgin since I have got it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multi room

Hi atky60,

tv-error-codes/v401  asks you check all your connections and then reboot again. I suggest you reboot both boxes so they can try and find each other again..

You'll need to check that your TV box is connected correctly. Make sure the white cable coming out of your TV box is firmly connected. 

If your TV box is connected to your hub make sure the white wire going into your hub is also tightly connected. Your hub should also be in the upright position.

You need to separate the 2.4ghz and 5ghz on your router, and name them separately, then do a wireless search on the V6 to find which one you wish to connect to. 5ghz is a faster connection, however the 2.4 signal is stronger and travels further.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

?

Should the2.4ghz and 5ghz both be on the Same said or does 5ghz have a separate one

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv

Not said SSID sorry about that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multi room

@atky60 

Rather than start a new post every time you want to reply, if you hit "reply" on any of the existing posts, everything will stay in the same place 🙂

I've moved all your other posts across for you.

I'm pretty sure V401 relates to insufficient WiFi speed/strength on the affected box, so if you're having problems with 5Ghz you're as wise to force 2.4Ghz and see how you get on.

I don't use the SH router functions so hopefully others can advise how best to do that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: ?

Hi again atky60,

Open a browser and type in 192.168.0.1 and log in with your Wifi network details and the 8 digit settings password from the base of your hub.

Then navigate to the following settings so you can differentiate between the signals.

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click on Disable Channel Optimization  then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes. 

Now go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add a 2 to the end of the 2.4GHz Channel name, then further down add a 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name  and click on Apply Changes.

You can leave the passwords the same as they are.  Then log out of the hub at the top of the page

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

renamessid.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 box

When I try to watch in my bedroom what I recorded in my living room it comes up V401, but when I go into my living room and to see if same problem but it works fine. You used to be able to try 2.ghz and 5ghz on the V6 box network settings but not there anymore?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box

I refer @atky60  to their existing thread 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks