Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving tv

We are moving my daughter's tv she has the v6 box. The cable isn't long enough for where we want to put her tv. How do I get a longer connection cable ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving tv

Hello

An engineer will have to do the move for you as may affect signal levels and also could ingress noise into the line if using non VM cable. This will be at a charge of 99 pound. You will have to wait till tomorrow for a VM forum staff member to pick it up.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

£99 my arse, go on amazon and get connectors and cable for less than £10, simple job just make sure the cable is compatible with Virgin Cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Don't shoot the messenger changing to non VM parts is a breech of contract.

Any unauthorised changes you make to Virgins local network (yes your connection is shared with every other customer in the street) could affect their services as well as yours.

That is why 1) Its against your term & conditions of service to make alterations & 2) you could be liable for interfering with such services.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos