Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving fee

So I rang the customer service team and I explained my situation:

the situation - when they have installed the virgin box they have installed it in the corner of the living room leaving basically no wire meaning I quite literally cannot move the box anywhere other then the corner of the living room leaving it useless. 

i spoke to the lady and she told me if I want them to come out and ‘’Move the box’ it will cost me £99? 

can anyone please confirm if this is the case. If so I will be cancelling my virgin media and getting legal help with the contract. 

thank you,

steven.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving fee

When they do the installs they will put the box/Hub wherever you want it (within reason of course).

So why didnt they put it where you wanted it upon install?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

when the Virgin was installed none of the living room/the apartment was complete. Therefore there was no layout to follow so the engineer just put it in the corner. At the time I wasn’t there ( the account holder ).  my girlfriend was and she isn’t very good with social interaction 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't advise legal action then 🙂

Best hope is to call in and plead your case and see if you can convince them to waive the £99 no fault fee. Or if a fault should develop...... when the Tech arrives ask them to re-site the hub. They will probably do that free and quickly if you move it just a few feet - any further will be pushing it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos