Menu
HL74
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving V6 box to another room

I used to have two Tivo boxes in my house, one upstairs, one downstairs. Since my recent upgrade to a V6 box, I just have the one upstairs but I have the wires downstairs still.

Is it just a matter of taking the V6 box from upstairs and connecting it downstairs to watch it or is it not as easy as that?

Ps. My broadband router is upstairs also, can that stay there?

0 Kudos
keithse
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving V6 box to another room

If the wires downstairs are still connected to the Virgin system then it should work - take it down and try it, you can always put it back upstairs if it doesn't.

The Hub can stay where it is - the V6 will need a connection to your Hub though, either by WiFi or Ethernet (or Powerlines).  Obviously the WiFi signal needs to be of a reasonable strength - if you were already connecting on WiFi upstairs then you shouldn't need to adjust any settings for that when you move the V6 but just be aware that a poor signal could affect operation (On Demand, Netflix, for example).

Keith

0 Kudos
HL74
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your response. I've moved the box downstairs and it's telling me I can't connect because the Network Cable is Unplugged. How do I get it to connect via wifi?

0 Kudos
keithse
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home > Help & Settings > Network > Change Network Settings

Keith