Menu
DaleW1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

More than one V6

I have a V6 box and a super hub in one room, and a TiVo box in another room. The TiVo room does not have a cabled internet connection. The fibre cable for the TiVo comes directly into the room through the outside wall.

If I want to replace the TiVo with another V6 do I need to have a cabled internet connection for it? If it needs to be connected to the V6 internally it will be difficult to run a cable between the two.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: More than one V6

The new V6 can use WiFi for the internet if your signal is OK. It would still need the existing signal cable used by the old TiVo.

@DaleW1 wrote:

I have a V6 box and a super hub in one room, and a TiVo box in another room. The TiVo room does not have a cabled internet connection. The fibre cable for the TiVo comes directly into the room through the outside wall.

If I want to replace the TiVo with another V6 do I need to have a cabled internet connection for it? If it needs to be connected to the V6 internally it will be difficult to run a cable between the two.

Thanks.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The V6 can connect to your hub by wireless so doesn't need a physical Ethernet connection still needs to coaxial cable.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DaleW1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. That's very helpful.

0 Kudos