cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More pixellation

Loosecanons
Superfast

Hi,

Just checking if reports of TV pixellation is common at the moment.

My box was looked at last year but in the past week it has deteriorated yet again becoming almost unwatchable on all channels. 

I've had various engineer visits with signals adjusted and connections changed over recent years outside but it's happening again. 

What are the best next steps?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Loosecanons wrote:

It's "common" in the sense that anyone who has a fault on their installation which causes signal issues, will likely have pixellation on live TV.

@Loosecanons wrote:

Reboot your box once to eliminate a "gremlin", check for known area faults on 0800 5610061, then report your fault to VM.

If one reboot has failed to resolve the symptoms, then you need a tech visit with "boots on the ground" - in other words, hands & eyes in front of your install, cabling & streetcab.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Loosecanons wrote:

It's "common" in the sense that anyone who has a fault on their installation which causes signal issues, will likely have pixellation on live TV.

@Loosecanons wrote:

Reboot your box once to eliminate a "gremlin", check for known area faults on 0800 5610061, then report your fault to VM.

If one reboot has failed to resolve the symptoms, then you need a tech visit with "boots on the ground" - in other words, hands & eyes in front of your install, cabling & streetcab.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks