cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Than One Remote on a V6?

Eeeps
Well-informed

Not really a question about if this is possible but a questionnaire on how many folks have done this?

I recently purchased a replacement remote for my living room V6 - not because the original wasn't working but more because I couldn't read the text on the buttons anymore. (plus the battery cover wouldn't stay in place).

Anyway, when I received the new remote, (and because my original remote was still working), I decided to pair the remote using the menu options on the V6.
On that menu there are two options. One to unpair an existing remote and one to pair a new remote.
So I tried the 'Pair New Remote' option expecting it to delete the pairing for the existing remote.
But it didn't unpair the existing remote and just added the new one.

So I now have two remotes paired to the one V6.

I haven't tried the 'find remote' function (press and hold the '+' button) yet - I just have this trepidation that everything might stop working if I do!

Anyone else managed that?

p.s. I have to say I was amazed how cheap these remotes are (from various online sources)

14 REPLIES 14

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ive got 3 paired to mine, and if u pair themcorrectly you can have them going off at once.

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Done the 'find my remote' thing and, as you say, it does work.

Another thing that surprised me a little was the remote battery level indication.

On the System Info menu it seems to correctly display the battery level for the remote you are using.
(Clearly a pedant programmed that bit of the software)

p.s. Not quite perfect though; if you select the menu on one remote you have to back out to tv on the other and select the menu option again before it collects the correct information.

May I ask how you managed to pair the second remote?

I have followed the on screen message to hold the info button for several seconds until the LEDs flash green but it never changes from red. I have tried pointing the new remote at the box and it works fine in infrared mode.

The new remote I have is a longer version than the original one that came with the V6. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi AndyBo1,

A quick search brings up this post Can-you-pair-additional-v6-bluetooth-remotes  explaining how to pair multiple remotes

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Many thanks - I must have been using the wrong search terms. I’ll give it a go. 

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to work. 
When I try to pair the second remote the red LED never goes out whilst holding the info button. 

It would appear Virgin have sent me an old remote control, the TV button on my original remote stopped working so they sent out a replacement that I have not been able to use in RF mode. Can anyone confirm that the longer remote with the extra keys is an older model that won't work in RF mode?

Many thanks for any info before trying to get back in touch with Virgin.

Remotes.jpeg

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes, that's an old remote. You should have been sent another one of the version on the left.

The one on the right will work in IR mode with the V6 until you can get a new RF version.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for confirming that - only 1 day wasted trying to get it to work!

I will brave ringing 150 when I have a spare few hours available