Menu
Oldfogi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mixed messages re TV problem C501

Hi,

Can't find an answer to this via current posts, so here goes.

Disk space filling up, so try to delete some programmes (some recorded, some recording).  Get same problem with each - slow wheel whirring, then it does back to screen without having deleted anything.  If keep trying, C501 message pops up.  Encouraged to check local service status.

Put postcode in - it says there is a problem with VOD (which clearly isn't my issue) and it's being worked on, expected to be sorted in c24 hours.  Sign in for more details.

Signed in, and it says there is NO issue with TV in my area!

No phone help as out of hours, so can't report the problem.

Should I ring it in in the morning?  Phone and Broadband working OK, as is the tele

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mixed messages re TV problem C501

If you're deleting programmes and they're not disappearing from the "my shows" view, then it normally means one of two things..

1: Software blip - restarting the box tends to solve this

2: Hard drive corruption - refer to point 1 but with the possbility of this being a one-way street.

I wouldn't expect that to be associated with C501, although VOD could certainly be affected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Oldfogi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mixed messages re TV problem C501

Left it a while, then reset the V6 box.  All still going slowly, but when I delete a program at least it stays deleted now!  Still not using Video on Demand, so assume error message was wrong.

Thanks for taking trouble to reply!

0 Kudos