Menu
Big_J
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Missing v6 equipment

Hi I took delivery of a V6 box following an upgrade to my package and it only contained the box, power supply , plug and plastic spanner. (Delivered 15/07/20)

Missing items -

Remote Control

Cable to coax converter

hdmi cable

Ethernet cable

I've rang 150 and logged this but nobody I speak to can clarify if or when these items will actually get sent to me!! So I'm paying for a product I can't use via a V6 box.

Can anyone here help me get the missing equipment sent to me? Is someone simply rifling equipment out of these to replace damaged items elsewhere? I'm left with a useless bit of kit.

Paying Virgin a lot of money to receive shoddy service/part fulfilled order.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missing v6 equipment

Hi there @Big_J

Thanks for popping along to our Community and thanks for your first post. 

Sorry that the delivery did not include the equipment as it should; looks like a package for a replacement was sent rather than as an additional box. 

After locating your account from your Forum information I can see that the missing equipment has been requested to be sent; this was done on 15th July so should be with you in the next few days. 

Please do keep us posted - if  you don't have anything by Wednesday, please do pop back and we can check this for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Big_J
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie - Will do.
0 Kudos
Big_J
Tuning in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT

Quick update - The remote control arrived this morning, however, I am still unable to use the box because I cannot connect the cable to it without the coax adaptor. Here's hoping it was posted separately..do you know if it has been?

Thanks

Big_J

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Big_J,

Thank you for coming back to us , you will receive this in the next couple of days, I can confirm this has now been ordered.

Regards

Paul.

Big_J
Tuning in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello there, here's an update -

I have received the remote control, HDMI cable & Ethernet cable.

The one item that I need is still missing (and today's post has been) which is the cable/coax converter cable. I am simply unable to connect the box up to the service without this.

Can you definitely clarify that this cable is on its way please or does that need re-ordering?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Big_J,

thanks for letting us know, I am confused as to why you are missing equipment if this was a box swap do you not have all the cables where the original box was? 

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
Big_J
Tuning in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have an old style Samsung Tivo box. I was getting this replaced with a new v6 box so it's a swap/upgrade. It's not like for like replacement.

The old box has a direct connection on the back that the Virgin cable screws into (like a router). The new V6 box has a coax connection.

I do have an hdmi lead that could have been repurposed but everything else that wasn't in the box, I need (Remote/Ethernet/Coax converter)

I honestly would not be pursuing this if I didn't need it.

The box is currently useless and still packed in the box 😞

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Big_J

I will pop you over a private message so I can take a look at this for you, keep an eye out for a purple envelope 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Big_J
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

What on earth have Virgin done???

I am still unable to set up my v6 box because I DONT HAVE THE ADAPTOR CABLE. I can't connect the signal input cable to the v6 without it. 

And to top this all off, my current Samsung Tivo has been switched off and I've got error code 7400 dancing around my TV. You seriously could not get this more screwed up if you tried. I am livid. 

I'm paying top whack for the Ultimate Oomph package, what should have been a simple upgrade to a v6 box has been an utter farce from start to finish and now I have no useful service at all.

Can someone please get this sorted

I need

1. TV signal turning back on,

2. Adaptor cable sending to me. 

Once I have the cable I will ring virgin to activate the v6 box. It really shouldn't be this hard!!! 

Is there anything about those 3 points that is misunderstood or ambiguous? If so can someone please ring me. 

0 Kudos