Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Missing recordings

Hi,

I set a program to record but it didn't and it's not in the partial recording section either. It's done this a few times now, I thought I hadn't set it but this time it was in the planned programs the night before.

I also recorded a film and saw it was in my recordings but then a couple of days later it had gone.

Any ideas ?

Pete

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing recordings

Try checking recording hiccups. Home- my shows and recordings- recording hiccups. 

If it's on a series link, check if it's set up to record new episodes only  same as above but click on manage series links

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Pete, 

you may have checked already but is there anything listed under your recording hiccups? 

these could all be things you've already tried or looked into but, have you checked the settings for recordings within the help and settings section? I've had customers before that have set their series links to say, record 'new' only. Then when they have seen a programme on they wanted to watch later and have recorded the box hasn't because its  been broadcast before and classed as a re-run so could be worth looking into on this. 

regarding the missing film, could it have possibly been deleted by another family member? is it in the recently deleted folder at all so I can be recovered? 
or again could it be some settings on the box caused it to be deleted if it had been viewed. so if your box is close to capacity on recordings, if the film had been viewed it may have been removed to make space for something new.

hope some of this is helpful, any further questions feel free to directly message me and I'll assist where I can.

Joshua.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

If you have found my response helpful today please take the time to mark my answer as helpful and give some Kudos.

Although I work for Vm all/most posts are of my own opinion

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete,

I had exactly the same problem a few weeks ago, I even set recordings to see if they recorded (which they didn't). I rang Virgin and told them the problem, over a 48 hour period they checked my box, this was done via the Tech team so they did not come to my house, during that 48 hour period my vanished recordings suddenly appeared again. Virgin then rang me back asking if everything was back to normal, very efficient!

Hope this helps though I realise if you have to ring Virgin it will be pretty hard at the moment to actually get through to a member of staff.

Cheers,

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi have you tried a simple reboot of the box.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in