Menu
siflan88
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Missing channels

Hello, 

Ive searched allover this board and im totally lost, tried multiple times to contact Virgin but with the current stae of world always a long wait.

I have 2 v6 boxes. one in sitting room. and one in bedroom. i have the biggest tv package with all the kids channels and i also pay for the ppv channek baby tv for the youngest.  The box in my bed room shows all the channels no problem. one in sitting room has the ppv channel but the bulk of the kids channels are greyed out as if i dont have them. and it says 'Not suscribed' so i click on them and it takes me to the subscription screen where it confirms im suscribed to them under my current package. ive tied all the trouble shooting and have no idea what to do. anyone have a fix for this?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing channels

Hi siflan88,

Sorry to see you are missing channels on your second box.

When you say you are on the top package, do you mean the Ultimate Oomph bundle as all the kids channels are available on that one apart from Baby TV?

If you are on the Mixit or Maxit packages then you need to add the kids personal pick at £5 a month to view the extra kids channels. It may be that you are on Mixit or Maxit and VM haven't removed those channels from one box.

It's also possible that the VM systems may not have updated the correct codes onto the second box and will require you to contact the faults team.

Before you do that though you could try forcing a channel update, using your remote control press HOME Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
siflan88
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hello,

Thanks for replying dave. yeah ive tried that and nothing. how is best to sort it out. just ring the faukts team..ive tried ringing multiple times and never get through in time.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again siflan88,

You can either try speaking to retentions (thinking of leavings us) they are often easier to contact or faults.

If phoning it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time.

If calling Faults you will probably get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, reboot etc -  ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
siflan88
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well txt the faults team.....no reply for literally days. And calling seems to be pointless. So annoying literally just want the channels I pay for 😂

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm, do your multiple boxes have different channels available?

Did the try the channel refresh via TV Care, and also one subsequent reboot?

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
siflan88
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes box in bed room.. All channels ( all kids channels) working fine. box in sitting room missing most of them. As in I can see them but they are greyed out. I click on them and it says I'm subscribed but I can't view them. Tried channel refresh and reboot. Still nothing. Unable to get any answer for reply for literally weeks. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Might just need to call in then.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos