Menu
Davej2
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Missing channels

Hi, noticed that a few of my channels are missing for about a week now, I have a TiVo box, I tried turning it off and on again and they still missing, it’s the TCM channels and Film4HD.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing channels

On the assumption your package definitely includes these channels, and my box is currently being used so I can't check the exact menu path...

There should be an option under Home > Help & Settings > Help/TV Care for "I'm missing some channels". You can try that as an alternative to calling C/S,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Davej2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, yes, I had been watching the now missing channels for as long as I’ve been a Virgin media customer, which is about 10 months, and I have recordings from those channels from just over a week ago, that I can still watch.

I did follow the ‘missing channel’ link you suggest, it keep ‘failing’ with an error message. As the length of time on hold calling 150 was Longer than I The free time I had at that time , I opted for the community hoping that would give me an answer, when I get my next day off I will try 150 again, but until then... I’m open to more suggestions here 🙂

0 Kudos
Davej2
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Would virgin media change something in my Tv package before my contract ends ?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

which package are you on?

You can check the channels that are available in your package here. Channel Guide 

Virgin have supplied over 50 channels for free, all for a limited period since the start of the current Covid epidemic. They actually extended the free periods for a number of the channels, however the free viewing periods have now ended.

I have made a list of the free channels that were offered in the spoiler at the bottom of this post.

You could regrade your package bundle to access more channels or you can purchase small bundles to add extra channels.

Customers can add one Pick to their bundle for £7 per month with each subsequent Pick costing £5 per month. Picks can be changed every month.

The  Kids Pick is £5.

This is the link showing the Personal Picks List of Picks 

Should you decide to add extra channels or regrade your package you could do so using the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Or you can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Spoiler

March 31st to April 21st
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy includes:
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Cartoonito
Nickelodeon
Nick Jr
NickToons
Nick Jr Too
This television upgrade is available to customers on Virgin Media’s Player, Mixit (without Kids TV pick) and Maxit (without Kids TV pick) bundles at no extra cost.

April 6th to May 2nd
The full line up of extra channels:
Comedy Central
DMAX
Discovery
Fox
Gold
Box Hits
Kerrang
Kiss
Magic
ID
Lifetime
MTV
TCM
TLC
Rishtey
Rishtey Cineplex
Sony SAB
Colors

April 10th to May 9th
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy includes:

Sky Arts
Sky Comedy
Sky Crime
Sky One
Sky Two
Sky Witness
Sky Sports Mix
Sky Sports News
Movies 2
Syfy
E!

April 17th to May 16th
The full line up of extra documentary and entertainment channels now available:
Alibi
Animal Planet
Comedy Central Extra
Crime + Investigation
Discovery History
Discovery Science
Discovery Shed
Discovery Turbo
Eden
Eurosport 1
Eurosport 2
H2
History
Home and Health
Love Nature
National Geographic
National Geographic Wild

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Davej2
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ahh, you got it !
I had a cinema package end around march time, it was then I must have turned my attention to the TCM and Film4HD channels, this timeline fits perfectly. I just assumed they were there for the duration of the contract and I just hadn’t got past the list of sky cinema channels 😂
Well, as they say, never assume anything.... And I fell hook line and sinker into that trope.
Thanks for your information 👌
0 Kudos