Menu
Loulou1267
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Missing channels suddenly

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. We've suddenly lost sky one, sky comedy etc which all come with our package. Since yesterday these channels are now all greyed out.

I've tried the missing channels option. I've also tried connecting to virgin media services and resetting my box and none have worked. Called virgin  and they want to send an engineer out but we've only been with virgin a few weeks. Surely a box can't break that quickly! 

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

0 Kudos
RazziB
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing channels suddenly

Hi

Are you sure that these channels came with your package?

If you have Player or Big (I think it's called now) then you only get the standard "free to air" channels.

Virgin Media gave everyone a number of Sky channels (including those you listed) free for a month, which ended yesterday.

There are a number of other channels which they gave us free for a month which will end next Saturday.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Loulou1267
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm.. virgin never told us that was for one month.. that said, communication from them in general is pretty poor. 

It's odd because we still have sky arts, MTV etc which are part of a personal pick option and we still have these channels. Our package is the big oomph package..

0 Kudos
Loulou1267
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've just checked our channels list again and gold is definitely a channel we should have but it's greyed out too.. something's definitely not right with our service

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

These were being offered as 'free' extras for a limited period.

Until Saturday 2 May:
Box Hits
Colors
Comedy Central
DMAX
Discovery
FOX
Gold
ID
Kerrang
Kiss
Lifetime
Magic
MTV
TCM
TLC
Rishtey
Rishtey Cineplex
Sony SAB

Until Saturday 9 May:
E!
Movies 24
Sky Arts
Sky Comedy
Sky Crime
Sky One
Sky Sports Mix
Sky Sports News
Sky Two
Sky Witness
SYFY

Until Saturday 16 May:
Alibi
Animal Planet
Comedy Central Extra
Crime + Investigation
Discovery History
Discovery Science
Discovery Shed
Discovery Turbo
Eden
Eurosport 1
Eurosport 2
H2
HISTORY
Home and Health
Love Nature
National Geographic
National Geographic WILD

Extra TV channels, on us 

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Loulou1267
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Gold is an example of a channel which comes as standard with mixtv and yet ours isn't working, so there remains an issue but thank you for your response 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loulou,

you can check which channels are available in each bundle here https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide

Mixit package channels are in colum 5.  Gold HD and Gold+1 both have a + next to them which means they are not available in that bundle, however you can add them as an extra personal pick.  https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/Redwood/Personal_Picks_January_...

You can check which channels were temporarily added at no extra cost here.   https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Ashg
Up to speed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I looked at the two emails about the free channels VM gave us. There was nothing in either email that these were temporary but it seems they were.  Very poor communication from VM about this, which just leads to customers being confused and getting angry. I spent a fair bit of time going through the text process getting an answer about this. After jumping through the hoops to get to the correct department the guy couldn't help because he didn't have access to the system. Just a guy working from home I bet.  What a waste of my. Time!

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ashg

Sorry for any confusion caused by the information provided in regards to the free channels we applied, these were added temporarily during the lockdown to help our customers. 

These were given to customers who didn't already subscribe to them to help provide a little more choice during these difficult times. 

Rob

0 Kudos
Ashg
Up to speed
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well it  could a big backfire in my case. I have Sky and all the channels at present and my VM box is in a room in the back of my house. I was going to get it moved to my front room and cancel Sky. Now with poor communication like this I'm thinking long and hard about the change over. The fact it will cost me £100 is also a bitter pill. 

0 Kudos