Menu
Rock1967
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Missing channels on 3rd box - other 2 fine

I have 3 Virgin boxes. The 3rd one is a decent run of coax (25m) and I cant get channels 501 (glitchy images), 509  and 510 (get W02 error). May be other channels I havent checked. Other 2 boxes are fine. Virgin helpdesk basically didnt or couldnt help. Anyone out there seen this?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missing channels on 3rd box - other 2 fine

These are all classic symptoms of signal issues. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

Since you have multiple boxes and only one is affected, try swapping them around. That's an excellent way to test if the problem is with the box or the internal cabling.

Once you know which, you can report it by calling 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rock1967
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

have swapped boxes - they are all fine

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rock1967

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the signal issues on the TV box, I appreciate how frustrating that must be. I've done a system check today and can see you've spoke to the team since posting. I can see that we've booked an engineer visit for you which is great.

This can be tracked in your Online Account or altered/changed.

Let us know how the visit goes or if you require further help. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos