Menu
tunstall365
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Missing channels and distorted TV picture

Hi Team Virgin Media

I'm experiencing terrible issues with My Virgin TV service.  Channels such as Sky Sports (all apart from Golf HD and one or two SD options) BT Sports (again, almost all HD channels), Sky Movies (again, almost all HD and SD channels), Comedy Central HD, E4 HD and many more are not working or are severely distorted. 

Some channels show a 'W02' error code.  I've restarted the box numerous times, run error checks, checked all connectivity, reset the box, re-searched for channels and more and none of this seems to work.

Unfortunately I'm unable to speak to anyone in call centres (for some reason it doesn't give me an option - I appreciate some are closed at present) and there's nowhere on My Virgin Media to request someone to visit my property and fix the problem.

Please could someone advise a fix or arrange a home visit the fix the issue?

Thanks, Matt

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing channels and distorted TV picture

Can you check Channel 5 HD & More 4 HD? Those channels are on the same broadcast frequency (two separate ones) as some of the channels you've mentioned, and would help prove what sounds suspicious already - that you have what I suspect is a faulty box.

As frustrating as it is, keeping persisting with the call queues will probably remain the quickest way of solving this - perhaps try calling tomorrow morning bang-on 8am if you're still stuck by then and are able to. Forum staff on here work through posts, but it can sometimes take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tunstall365
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts.

Yes - Channel 5 HD and More 4 HD are both distorted.  Our box in the bedroom is working fine (hence why I don't think it's a connectivity issue).

I can't seem to even get in a call queue when calling customer services on 0345 454 1111.  It just automated and checking me service status and then hangs up.

Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi tunstall365,

You could also try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days, but at least you won't be tied to the phone. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos