Menu
rajivshah24
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Missing adapter

Hi 

I am new customer for the TV service. An engineer came around to fix the cable. Said they had no boxes in stock and that one would be sent to me.

A v6 box turned up eventually and didnt come with a remote. Furthermore, the cable doesnt seem to plug into the back of the box, it looks like there is a missing adapter. 

When i connected WM they send they would send out a new remote but said they dont provide adapters? how on earth am i meant to use my box then? is this normally how new customers are setup?

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing adapter

Hi of course they should have sent you the short cable, about the length of a biro, I'm guessing the person you spoke to didn't know what you were referring to, call again and try and explain its a short cable and essential for the V6 to work. Regards Micky.PS don't use the word adapter.

0 Kudos
rajivshah24
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks- Is it normally referred to as the short cable?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@rajivshah24 wrote:

Thanks- Is it normally referred to as the short cable?

Hi again I just think that referring to it that way may make it clearer to some call handlers who are not to clued up, and obviously though an adaptor wasn't something virgin should supply, describing as the short cable between the V6 and the coxial cable may be more successful, with some less trained CS staff.

0 Kudos
rajivshah24
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks- will try that 

0 Kudos
rajivshah24
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you know if it's possible to buy the thing from amazon or similar, it's taking forever to get in touch with VM

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@rajivshah24 wrote:

Do you know if it's possible to buy the thing from amazon or similar, it's taking forever to get in touch with VM

Unfortunately no, only virgin can supply coxial cable and connection you require. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
rajivshah24
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thankfully I finally got through to a most helpful customer service person who knew what she was talking about and sorted it. 

it’s mind boggling that I had to phone and speak online several times for something as fundamental and basic as an essential wire and a remote control. 

Like what do they think will happen if they send out boxes without any of the above?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can get the adaptor on Amazon - these will do the job - NANYI Female To Male TV Aerial Coaxial Coupler 

I'm sure you can get them cheaper and in singles with a bit of searching.

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos