cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Sports and cinema

stpatty85
Joining in

Hello,

New router received yesterday as an upgrade/new contract. Installed fine and broadband working.

However, i am now missing Sky Sports and cannot view Cinema either.  V56 error message "channel not subscribed"

Screenshot_20230819_081306_OneDrive.jpg

 Tried the refresh via help/settings and multiple reboots and no joy.  Having difficulty as always getting through to CS.

Suspect I need VM to respond but any help would be appreciated.  A whole weekend without Sports is filling me with dread.

Thanks,

Stuart

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Stuart,

Are the Sky Sports & Movies channels missing on both boxes or just the one?

Have you tried  to update your channels by using your remote and clicking on

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels?

It normally takes around 10 minutes or so to update.

To be honest though it sounds like VM need to resend the codes to the boxes.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and help. If they can't do it then they may need to pass it to second level support.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for replying Dave.

I only have one box and it's the same one I've had for a couple years ago.  I wasn't given a replacement yesterday when I received the new router, nor was I given a 2nd box.

The TV care refresh didn't work last night and needs 24 hours to pass before I can try again.

Will await a team member to hopefully pick up soon. Will call as suggested in a couple of days if no luck.

Thanks again,

Stuart

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Stuart,

It probably won't work, but have you tried using the TVGo app to see if the sky movies are available on there.

Also either download and log into the Sky Sports app on a mobile/tablet,  or try going to the 

https://www.skysports.com/  website on your computer. 

Click on Watch in the top navigation bar, select a channel to watch, and then log in to watch by clicking on the Virgin TV UK icon  and enter your VM details. It will then give the option to install the Desktop player -  if you already have that on your computer then click the box saying you've already installed it.   If you get that working you could attach a HDMI cable from your computer to the TV to watch in full screen

Apart from the above it looks like one or two things could be affecting your account.

1) The correct codes haven't been sent to add the Sports/Movies to your box (as per my initial post)

2) Did your previous contract show you as having an additional box?   Have you ever had a second set top box as the screenshot you posted in message one shows you should also have an additional box?   If not then it's possible that VM have now added a second box to your account and if that's the case then the additional channels won't be available until that additional box has been installed and activated. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your suggestions.  The VM go app had the same issue;suggesting I wasn't subscribed.  Interestingly though the Sky sports app allowed me to sign in and watch (currently watching spurs v Man utd)  

Curious isn't it?

On your point 2 above; very concerning if that is the case.  I know the contract says I should have a 2nd box but the engineer did not supply one yesterday when he swapped my broadband hub.

I did not question it as I have no interest in a second box.  It really shouldn't take me plugging a second box in for them to register my new package. 

Also, no my previous contract did not have a 2nd box

Hi @stpatty85 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @newapollo 👍

Regards,
Daniel