Menu
Emm4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Missing Channels

Hey

we have not long had virgin installed we have the package that includes the mixit tv package but I have noticed recently that channels have greyed out.

i have tried to check cables, restart box, refresh channels all with no avail.

tried to contact virgin a few weeks ago and was told that virgin was having an issue and it will be resolved, it wasn’t so I tried to contact ahain and now the messaging system isn’t working.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Channels

Which channels are missing. You can see which channels you should have as part of Mixit TV in the Virgin TV Edit Channel Guide

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide

Some channels were made available on all TV packs as part of Virgin Media's Covid-19 support to customers. These changes have now ended and channels returned to the TV packs and Personal Picks they were originally in.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Emm4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

thanks for getting back to me, I have noticed one particular and that’s TLC - we watch this a lot and a few days ago it just dropped off and hasn’t come back again. There are other channels which I cannot recall but I have checked against our package and from memory that others are missing too.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Mixit TV doesnt actually have TLC when you check the guide it is included in the Entertainment and Lifestyle personal picks, when was you install done, as during the first part of lockdown VM did give a lot of channels for free. TLC is only included in the maxit package.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emm4,

Virgin have supplied over 50 channels for free, all for a limited period since the start of the current Covid epidemic. They actually extended the free periods for a number of the channels, however the free viewing periods have now ended.

I have made a list of the free channels that were offered in the spoiler at the bottom of this post.

You could regrade your package bundle to access more channels or you can purchase small bundles to add extra channels.

Customers can add one Pick to their bundle for £7 per month with each subsequent Pick costing £5 per month. Picks can be changed every month.

The  Kids Pick is £5.

This is the link for Personal Picks 

TLC is in the Entertainment and Lifestyle Personal Pick

Should you decide to add extra channels or regrade your package you could do so using the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Or you can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Spoiler

March 31st to April 21st
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy includes:
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Cartoonito
Nickelodeon
Nick Jr
NickToons
Nick Jr Too
This television upgrade is available to customers on Virgin Media’s Player, Mixit (without Kids TV pick) and Maxit (without Kids TV pick) bundles at no extra cost.

April 6th to May 2nd
The full line up of extra channels:
Comedy Central
DMAX
Discovery
Fox
Gold
Box Hits
Kerrang
Kiss
Magic
ID
Lifetime
MTV
TCM
TLC
Rishtey
Rishtey Cineplex
Sony SAB
Colors

April 10th to May 9th
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy includes:

Sky Arts
Sky Comedy
Sky Crime
Sky One
Sky Two
Sky Witness
Sky Sports Mix
Sky Sports News
Movies 2
Syfy
E!

April 17th to May 16th
The full line up of extra documentary and entertainment channels now available:
Alibi
Animal Planet
Comedy Central Extra
Crime + Investigation
Discovery History
Discovery Science
Discovery Shed
Discovery Turbo
Eden
Eurosport 1
Eurosport 2
H2
History
Home and Health
Love Nature
National Geographic
National Geographic Wild

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Emm4
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

i have checked the packages and for example TLC does appear on that list as included so I would imagine it’s not one that is included in this free channel situation. 

0 Kudos
Emm4
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

35D65C2C-81F1-4B64-B681-4DA4C800079A.png

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

You are on Mix It as you said and not Mix those are different packages, if you scroll the page to the right you will see Mix It listed separate.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Emm4 wrote:

35D65C2C-81F1-4B64-B681-4DA4C800079A.png

Where did you get the page from? I wasn't aware that any of the Virgin Media pages still referred to Player / Mix / Full House / VIP etc.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos