Menu
mellyhugs
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Missing Channel

Virgin Media Support asked me to post here:

When we renewed our contract in September 2020, we were told we would get Sky Sport Mix. We after multiple escalations, we still do not have it. The detail:

In September 2020, I requested to terminate my contract with Virgin Media as they couldn't offer the package we wanted. Our contract was due to end in October 2020.

I received a call a few days later from their retentions team, a person by the name Afi, who was able to negotiate the package we wanted, specifically the addition of Sky Sports Mix and Sky Sports news to the Sky Sports package we already had. The cost of the entire new package would be £61.50.

When we got the confirmation email regarding the new contract, it said that it would be £55/month and, while all the other upgrades had been made, we still did not have the channels we'd asked for. We brought this up with Afi multiple times who said he escalated it. He also tried to get us a 'workaround' solution wherein we installed a third party app on our TV. It didn't work and to be honest, seemed a little suspect, so we said we would escalate ourselves. 

Over the course of the next couple of months, I tried to contact Virgin via their web chat, but due to the pandemic, was not able to connect with them. So on 14 December 2020, I submitted a complaints request. I received a confirmation email that my complain was being investigated. A few weeks later, I had three missed call on my mobile from an unknown number. No voice mail was left and no text was sent, so I was unaware it was virgin trying to contact me until a I received an email on 23 January 2021 advising that they had tried to call and for me to get in touch with the number 0345 454 1111 to move forward with a package correction.

I called that number on the same day, waited in the queue for over an hour, before reaching their help line. The woman helping me advised she did not have the permissions to change the package but the team would call within 48 hours. They did call on 25 January, but I wasn't able to answer in time, so I replied to their emails telling them I would gladly speak to them if only they would let me know when. I do work from home during the day, and it can be hard to get to my personal mobile quickly enough especially when I'm on client meetings. 

Then on 20 February I received an email closing my case. I submitted a complaint to the CEDR where the reply was:

"Dear Melissa, I am a member of the Dispute Resolution Team at Virgin Media, a team separate and independent to the Complaints team. I would like to apologise that you have felt the need to take your complaint to CISAS. After reviewing your complaint I feel this could have been dealt with in a timelier manner. I sincerely apologise for your recent experience with Virgin Media and the trouble you have gone through in order to address this complaint. Following an investigation into your case, and in line with your CISAS application, here is confirmation of our proposed resolution; • On review of your account, we can see the Sky Sports collection has been applied • You can find Sky Sports Mix on channel 520 and Sky Sports News on channel 519 Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. I trust this brings the matter to a satisfactory conclusion Yours sincerely, Natalie"

It still has not been applied and we are now missing events that we would like to watch.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Channel

Putting your tale of CS woe to one side, you've not said which TV package you have, and this matters. Sky Sports Mix & Sky Sports News have never been part of the Sky Sports package, but are bundled separately.

SS-Mix-SD & SS-News SD are part of the legacy "Mix" bundle, and currently "Entertainment & Sports Lite" add-on. If you have the top-TV tier (known as Maxit) this includes all the personal picks.

SS-Mix-HD & SS-News-HD are only included on the top-tier Maxit bundle.

If you're not on either of these packages, you won't get these channels. The Sky Sports package only includes channels 511-518, or 501-508 if you pay the £7/month HD add-on. Login to your "my Virgin Media" online account, check your contract or a recent bill, and see what TV package you have.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos