Menu
Golboch
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Misleading 'How to Video' recommending purchase of equipment which does not work

So  following the guidance video, I purchased the net gear boxes for any room ethernet cable connection - guess what it does not give you full connection - ended up with Tivo box fault S 101 with loading prompt stuck on 16 %.

Called out the engineer -guess what  - he cant fix it !!! Staes that the Tivo box must have a cable connection to get the  all channels set up.

The how to video is therefore a complete misleading pile of dodo!! - Of course the engineer would not say as much, but his silence implied assent!!

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Misleading 'How to Video' recommending purchase of equipment which does not work

Which video?

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Misleading 'How to Video' recommending purchase of equipment which does not work

Hi of course all virgins TV boxes need a coaxial cable, that's why its called cable TV. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a VM subscription and account? If so what equipment is activated on it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Reading between the lines here.

The OP has likely got two netgear boosters from VM to run their remote V6 box, but is getting an S101 error. At least thats what it sounds like.

Seems strange that a tech, who should have all the cabling in the van to extend the coax would say it was no go, unless the OP was wanting installation at a location that wasn't feasable.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Golboch
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The powerline kits with V6/Tivo

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I believe there is some confusion as well as a connection to the broadband to use any of the VM TV boxes you also need the coaxial cable to connect to the VM cable network of you have a look https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/s101.

Why didn't the engineer fit the coaxial connection while he was there, I see you state "No Go" but did he give you a reason ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In the video she says it is so you can watch recordings from one box to another, which is correct.  There's no suggestion that you can move boxes wherever you want, or that they won't need a cable feed.

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos