Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mini v6 box

Hi

Do Virgin do a mini  box like  sky Q

Just a quick query. 

After paying the extra  for sky sports (at my ex's house) and using the skygo app with a Broadband and Phone only deal with virgin for a few years a few  months ago (at her nagging) I rang to see the cost of getting the virgin package. All I really wanted was to watch the football.  All seemed so simple...

Anyway, after months of quitting and rejoining, I am now £100's of pounds out of pocket, got a worse service but I do have the football and the V6 box is amazing. Problem is, I didnt get order a second box for the bedroom, and now realise that without it, the whole thing is a dusty white elephant) as I'll probably never get chance to use it.

Now, having just paid out an extra  £130 to rejoin and have the box set-up by an engineer (who was great but I really could have done it myself) I have been quoted another £130 plus £7.50 a month for a second box which I will not even own.  Having been milked by Virgin for quitting, I have to draw the line somewhere. 

Do Virgin do a mini-box like sky? Is there really no other way of watching virgin in another room? I do not need a full box, as there will only ever be me watching it.  Because currently, I am £100s out of pocket and still my best option to watch football in bed is to use  someones sky  go account . Surely this is madness. My sky owning friends are laughing at me as we speak. 

and before anyone points out I should have taken the ultimate package, I know but I didnt and the Virgin Customer service team really do not like me (though am always nice to them) and did not point this out , but I rang 2 months ago paying £35 (sky gave the ex the football for free when she tried to stop it lol the irony) am now paying £80, have  a worse broadband and phone deal, have forked out a fortune to rejoin (the bt/sky  refund cos they cant get me fibre has helped abit) l and still need to rely on sky go to watch the football in bed. 

Surely there is a solution I am missing? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mini v6 box

No

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Really?

okay then, all seems crazy but fair enough. I shall continue to stay in my ex's good books then.

and sorry for droning on

at least I feel better getting it off my chest, apologies again for you having to read it though

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Install Virgin TV Go app on a phone or tablet and also the Sky Sports app. Then via Virgin TV go you can sign in  as a Virgin media customer and watch Sky sports. On a laptop you can just go to the Sky sports web site and select watch live TV. It will then ask you to install the Sky Sports app and again you can sign in as a VM customer. 

A second V6 box in the bedroom would need a VM coax cable and also a broadband connection which can be wired or if you have a good signal WWIFI will do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you only want to be watching one box at a time, how about an HDMI splitter and a long HDMI cable, the V6 remote can work by radio rather than infrared, so that might work fine from the other room anyway, if not an IR signal extender or the TV Control app could be used to control the box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@marblehead wrote:

Really?

okay then, all seems crazy but fair enough. I shall continue to stay in my ex's good books then.

and sorry for droning on

at least I feel better getting it off my chest, apologies again for you having to read it though

One of the reasons that actually puts me off of moving to Sky. With Virgin I have two seperate boxes which record totally separately. I can watch recordings on either box or from mobile devices & have fluid viewing just as with Sky. With the current setup with the Q boxes there is no way of separating recordings, so it could end up with my father deleting my recordings & me deleting his by accident. Not good when you have an even bigger household & only one recording list.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks