Did you mean: 

Media service off again

GHA1
Joining in

Is there a problem with the tv service in the Newcastle area 

146 REPLIES 146

Billyh
Tuning in

So last update was at 1.10pm this afternoon its now 6pm still no tv still no update whats going on 

Thanks for the link and 1530 update regarding the power outage being the cause of the loss of virgin tv.

I presume the power is still off, as the TV channels are still down. I had channel 5 for 5 minutes only, but the radio stations 900 to 963 are working.

It seems the whole virgin TV system is down for the UK except for a few that still work for some reason 101 to 104 are ok.

The relability of elecrical supplies is down to the power grid, but usually there are always more than one electrical supplies so it would need to be a major fault to last for 7 hours unless the servers/backups have all failed.

Most computers systems use raid backup systems so in the event of faults, recovery/backup can be established.

Perhaps the storm Arwen has done this dammage?

The engineers must be working overtime now?

alf28

roy247
Community elder

If you read the post at the top of the page National TV Outage the last update was 3:30pm.

Masq
Tuning in

What compensation is Virgin intending to give us for not being able to use the services which we have paid for? 

Mask35
Just joined

Hello, I'm in WV10 but have lost most of my channels, anybody know why?

Take this opportunity to catch up on your recordings or watch some Netflix or prime, if you don't have a prime account sign up for a 30 day free trial just in time for Christmas and the football.

Hi Mask35,

There was a National Service Outage this morning.

Virgin Media Outage 

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

NJ4
Joining in

Hello, only a few Channels are working the ones I pay for dont.  Is this the same for all? The link provided by virgin for the national outage was updated at 15:30hrs no recent updates. 

roy247
Community elder

I would assume they are still working on the problem.

alternatives when virgin tv is down

I will be watching netflix or recordings on my V6 tonight, and freeview does have some good channels.

With the apps down on the V6 box error C233, apps can be used on other devices as the VM broadband still works so any connected devices such as smart tv, now box, firestick etc can be used, I have a now box which only cost £20 and has a netflix app. It's good to have a backup device, thank goodness the broadband still works.

The digital radio channels  still work on my virgin  V6 box and cover  most radio stations in th UK so the TV is a radio also and that is good.

alf28