Menu
DaveFerret
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Media box keeps cutting out

My TV box keeps cutting out and going to orange light.

After going through restart procedure it will re-boot but goes off again within a few hours

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Media box keeps cutting out

Hi DaveFerret,

The box shouldn't keep cutting out or rebooting. Have you run any tests on the box via the Check service status at the top of this page?

An amber (orange) light to the left of the Virgin Media logo (solid or blinking) usually means you don’t have full network connectivity.

To ensure your V6 is connected to the hub  go into Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect To The Virgin Media Service.

Make sure the test doesn't fail. After it has completed the test, perform a restart by going Help & Settings > Clear or Restart TiVo Box > Restart. 

If that all fails then you either need to wait for a Forum Staff member to pick up your post or contact VM TV Faults

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos