cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major lip sync issues live or recorded TV for months

kitenski
On our wavelength

I've been having these issues for ages, it *only* happens with the Tivo box. A Sony DVD players works fine as does an Amazon Firecube or a laptop plugged in for all content. This is just using the TVs inbuilt speakers, there are no soundbars etc fitted.

Virgin have replaced the Tivo box and checked/tweaked all the cabling. I've tried multiple HDMI cables.

The TV is a Philips 65OLED754/12. I've been talking to Philips support, they've had me reset the TV, and then try all the combinations listed here https://tpvcrmplus.force.com/PhilipsTVAudioMonitorConsumerCare/kA02p000000QWg3?name=How-to-synchroni...

I've run out of ideas/things to try! If I unplug the HDMI cable, wait 30secs and plug it back in then the sync is fine for the rest of that viewing session, then goes out again the next day. If I pause recorded TV it seems to help, but pausing live TV doesn't.

Anyone got any clever ideas? Video of how bad it is (with TV in game mode as per that Philips article hence the garish colours) https://youtu.be/hcaAkI3JbR0

cheers,

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kitenski

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of this happening. I've tried to do some checks but it's showing the box is not contactable. Is it turned off?

If so, can you pop it on for me and I'll be able to run some checks. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kitenski

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of this happening. I've tried to do some checks but it's showing the box is not contactable. Is it turned off?

If so, can you pop it on for me and I'll be able to run some checks. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

kitenski
On our wavelength

@john_gs it’s on now, cheers!

Your team have replaced the box once and checked the cabling etc