Menu
SC1969
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

M63

Everything was working fine this morning.

Activated my secondary V6 box (it wasn't set up with the initial install, I'd just moved house).

Now M63 there is a problem with your account. Spent an hour on the phone with support this morning. They said wait 4 hours, it will cure itself.

It hasn't.

Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: M63

Can you try calling 0800 5610061 and see if anything's reported? This status line often reports more localised faults that don't show on the main website.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SC1969
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok - so I broke off my 40 minute wait on 150 to dial the 0800 number and discover there are no local faults. Which I'd guessed as neighbours on either side have no problems and mine only started after speaking to the rep who activated my second box this morning.

0 Kudos
SC1969
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've a suspicion this all relates to my other problem: inability to register for a myvirginmedia account.

Long story short: I had a virgin media account at this address a few years ago. I moved away and recently returned, setting up a new account. Now I am unable to set up a myvirginmedia account (a ticket has been raised for this problem)

username.pngunable.png

Does this seem like a feasible explanation?

0 Kudos
SC1969
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Whatever the cause, my 3rd call to tech support solved the problem. Just the account registration to sort out now..

0 Kudos