Menu
JonesyJT64
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

M63 error on V6

Hi There,

I have got the M63 error issue on my 2 V6 boxes.  Initially VM helpdesk thought it was the remote as it was only happening on one of my boxes, but I tried a spare remote and the same issue was occurring.  Unfortunately I then rebooted the 2nd V6 box and now have the issue on both of them.

The symptoms are that I cannot pause, fast forward, record etc using the remote.  However, when I watch a recorded show, these functions work OK

VM is sending an engineer to fix in a few days, but I think it is to do with my account and not a hardware problem.

Can anyone advise/help with this?

thanks in a advance

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
JonesyJT64
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting Error M63 on V6 - Please Please resolve this week old issue!

Hi There,

I have got the same issue on my 2 V6 boxes.  Initially VM helpdesk thought it was remote as it was only happening on one of my boxes, but I tried a spare remote and the same issue was occurring.  Unfortunately I then rebooted the 2nd V6 box and now have the issue on both of them.

VM is sending an engineer to fix in a few days, but like above I think it is to do with my account and not a hardware problem.

Can anyone advise/help with this?

thanks in a advance

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: M63 error on V6

Rather than adding "me too" to someone elses thread and then posting separately, it's much better to just post once to avoid confusion all-round.

Unfortunately for yourself, and as per error code help - M63 is an account related error. Was this engineer booked after you called in, or from posting on here? I should imagine (going by your lack of post history) that it was from calling in, but I'll ask so as to be clear.

There's a possibility that staff on here will see something with your account that can remotely rectify this, before your tech visit - it's equally possible that the tech has been booked for a valid reason. The staff response time here is currently around 2-ish days - when is your tech visit currently booked?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting Error M63 on V6 - Please Please resolve this week old issue!

Hi @JonesyJT64

Thanks for posting on here and sorry to hear you're having a similar issue. 

My advice at the moment, is to wait until the engineer has arrived so they can carry out their checks and make sure everything is all okay with the TV and there are no issues. 

If they find it is an account issue, they will note the account and we can take a further look into this for you, but I would recommend waiting until the engineer has arrived just so they can carry out their checks first 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JonesyJT64
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the "incorrect" etiquette☹️... As you know I found another post with very similar problem and the engineer turned up and said it was an account problem.  It then took another week and no resolving of the problem.  The guy then got it resolved by posting on here.  that is why I initially added to his post, but then I wasn't sure if people would see my reply, hence I decided to do a new post.  Was it really that bad a thing that you had to open up a reply about my posting twice !!!!!

Engineer was booked (coming thursday) in from me calling VM. I was trying to stop a wasted visit by getting it resolved at the account level than a guy looking at all the hardware and then saying - "oh yes it's your account - I'll go away and get it sorted for you"!

In the mean time I have 2 V6 boxes and unable to record on them or use them properly.  Let's hope that someone else sees this post and can offer more of a constructive comment and I get it resolved soon.

0 Kudos
JonesyJT64
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 21.12.03.pngScreenshot 2021-06-15 at 21.12.29.png

Don't understand your reasoning...  My post is under M63 error but you want the engineer to come round, yet on another post you clearly state that this can be resolved by customer services!!!!!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

To an extent I agree with you on the point that account issues should be possible to resolve without a field tech attending, although there are circumstances where an engineer attendance can be necessary for other reasons.

I'll raise this with VM Forum staff away from this post, and see what comes of it. I can't make any promises, but let's at least "give things a poke" as it were.

Edited to clarify in light of crossed posts, I'm not VM staff but as a VIP do have some additional staff access as per my signature below. Hence my comment about raising this issue with forum staff.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JonesyJT64,

I am very sorry to hear that you appear to be having these ongoing issues with your TV boxes.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a few extra details from you in order to investigate and assist further. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JonesyJT64
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have just spoken to VM (a ver helpful Abi) and it turns out that I should have been sent 2 remotes to upgrade my 2 V6 boxes to V360s and that is why I am having problems on both my V6 boxes as the system now doesn't recognise them as it is expecting to see 3 V360 boxes on my system.

Remotes are now in the post and I will upgrade both boxes when they arrive and this should sort out the technical issue and the M63 error that I am currently experiencing.

My advice when you are getting a M63 error - speak to someone at VM and ask them to look at your account as there will be an issue with it and it's not likely to be a technical error in your home/V6 box

Hope this information helps someone for the future.

0 Kudos
JonesyJT64
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks Zach but it is now resolved by 2 new V360 remotes being sent in the post and for the V6 boxes to be upgraded to V360 boxes

0 Kudos