Menu
T20Simmy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lost connection

Good evening,

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

So for a few weeks now I have been experiencing loss of wifi and "lost connection" to my v6 boxes. At first I thought it was due to the pandemic but after running test on my box I have received a "there is a problem" message. In March I had to have a new cable run to my house because it had been cut by builders. I am thinking there is something wrong with the cable when it was installed as I have followed all the advice given on the VM help page. Anybody have any thoughts?

Screenshot_20200422-220622_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost connection

Firstly, do you have Internet and TV by Virgin?

Secondly, when Virgin Media replaced the cable did they check everything was working correctly and has this fault appeared after it has works ok for a while after the new cable was installed?

Finally, how are your V6 boxes connected to your Wi-Fi router (cable or wireless)?

0 Kudos
T20Simmy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost connection

Hi.

Yes. Everything is VM. They just came and made sure it started up ect. I think it has been this way since it was okayed. I have checked all wires ect but even now the signal keeps dropping out and I had a message on my tv saying lost connection but then it came back on.

0 Kudos