Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Lost channels after package upgrade

I was offered an upgrade yesterday and now I've lost the Kids channels and, for Sky Sports, I only have the SD channels, not the HD ones.

The upgrade was to Broadband speed and to include Sky Sports.

There's an "Oops!" message when I try to test the TV in Service Status via the website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost channels after package upgrade

Hi Rajesh,

The extra Kids channels are now only available for free on the Ultimate Oomph package. If  you've upgraded to any other package then you should have been advised that you need to pay an extra £5 per month for the Kids pack in the  Personal_Picks  add ons.

This is the current ChannelGuide_23_July_2020 

A few people have expected Sky Sports in HD, however they only get them in SD ...the HD version is an extra £7 per month.

I had to log in to check the Service status at the top of this page and it worked for me.

Unfortunately Forum Staff can' t help with billing or regrades.

You need to call up and speak to the regrades department regarding the difference in the channels you were expecting. 

If calling it's 150 from a virgin landline or mobile or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. You need Options 1,1 and 4 Changes to your package.

You can also send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's also worth adding that, on all legacy versions of Full-House/XL, the kids channels were included. If ever a customer makes a change to their TV package, then they will be moved onto the current version of Full-House, which doesn't include the kids channels and are a chargeable extra as has already been pointed out.

So you need to factor this in with any new bundle. As for Sky Sports... always assume SD-only unless HD is explicitly mentioned or included.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

The lady I talked didn't mention that I'd lose the Kids channels and that Sky Sports was SD only.  I wouldn't have changed if I'd known.  The Broadband I had was more than enough for me and I'm not bothered about Sky Sports.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Rajesh,

It might be possible to switch back to your original package within the 14 day cooling off window, or even switch to a different package if you speak to regrades again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

None of the options offered on phone system seem appropriate.

I selected the "leave" option and am waiting.  By regrade, do you mean removing a package?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again Rajesh,

Yes regrade is for making any changes to your package, as in adding or removing 🙂 

The leave option should also be able to help and may even give you a discount

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Rajesh wrote:

None of the options offered on phone system seem appropriate.

That could be said for a majority of IVRs in the UK. Just choose the most suitable and then your opening line when the agent answers... "I've probably chosen the wrong option" 🙂 As long as you choose something in the right ballpark...

As has already been suggested, the "thinking of leaving" should (ideally) go to the Retentions team, the "add/remove" could potentially head to any agent capable of adding & removing services.

On the specifics of @Rajesh package change, my understanding is that any bundle change that recommits you to 12/18months would fall under the 14day cooling off rules.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advise, guys.

I thinks it's sorted.

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant Rajesh,

Thanks for letting us know.

It's  a shame you weren't given the correct information in the first place as it's wasted a few hours of your time.

Dave

0 Kudos