Menu
Sargasso
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Loss of sound when changing channels with V6 box

Recently I've been experiencing loss of sound when changing channels on my V6 box.  Sometimes this returns if I change to a different HDMI input on my TV for a few seconds, then back again, but other times I have to turn the TV off then on again.

At first I thought it was a problem with the TV (a Sony Bravia), but on reading other forum posts about similar problems with the older V+ boxes, I swapped TVs round, so one I normally have connected to an older V+ box in another room (where the problem doesn't occur) is now connected to the V6 box. The problem continues on this TV now connected to the V6, but not now on the Sony Bravia connected to the V+ box.

This, and the fact that there's never been a problem with other devices connected to the Sony Bravia rather indicate the problem lies with the V6 box. 

Also, and much more recently, I've noticed that after first switching the V6 box on, the last channel selected shows very briefly, then the TV screen goes black with no picture or sound.  Usually these return after a couple of seconds, but not always, sometimes needing the same brief change of HDMI input or the TV to be switched off then on again.  This happens regardless of which TV is used, again the only common factor being the V6 box.

Does anyone else have either of these problems, and if so, is there a solution?

0 Kudos
MalcolmCog
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of sound when changing channels with V6 box

This also happens on our V6 box. Change channel and there is no sound on the new channel, try watching a recorded show and there is no sound.

We also have the problem of turning on the V6 box 1st thing in the mornin the picture appears for a couple of seconds then the screen goes blank, and it needs turing off and on a few times to get the picture back. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sargasso and MalcolmCog,

Welcome to the community.

This can happen if there's an issue with the HDMI cable so I'd just like to confirm whether you've been able to test your V6 box with another cable?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fairfuj
Just joined
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have all of these problems also with my new Sony Bravia and Sony sound bar.  The box was previously OK with an older Panasonic TV but since changing to new TV the problem occurs quite frequently.   I was unsure where the problem lay but I see that this fault is not uncommon and most likely to be the V6 box.  I am going to try another HDMI cable and see if this solves the issues and will report back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi fairfuj, 

Did you have any luck? 

Many thanks, 

Dan_M
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Sargasso
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Rose_B wrote:

Hi Sargasso and MalcolmCog,

Welcome to the community.

This can happen if there's an issue with the HDMI cable so I'd just like to confirm whether you've been able to test your V6 box with another cable?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Yes, I've tried three different HDMI cables, and the problem persists with all of them.

0 Kudos
itsallgravy1
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

This seems to be happening a lot to lots of different people, including myself. Surely this has to be a fault with the V6 box and not anything to do with our set ups, tvs, cables etc. 

It's more than a little annoying to say the least and isn't what was expected when upgrading to what I we were all led to believe was a better box etc.

0 Kudos
Stanmack
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This has been happening to me as well. I have tried several HDMI cables and TVs so it appears to be something with the V6 box.

Do we have any information as to when this will be sorted as this on top of the channel issue is making Virgin look bad

Stan

@itsallgravy1 wrote:

Hi

This seems to be happening a lot to lots of different people, including myself. Surely this has to be a fault with the V6 box and not anything to do with our set ups, tvs, cables etc. 

It's more than a little annoying to say the least and isn't what was expected when upgrading to what I we were all led to believe was a better box etc.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sargasso,

Thanks for getting back to me.

First I'd like an engineer to take a look at this for you so I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Pclarke871
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin,

What’s was the outcome here? My mum got her V6 box last week and now has the same problem with the sound dropping on her Sony tv randomly when certain channels are changed.

Dosnt look like an isolated problem. Does everyone with the issue need an engineer? 

0 Kudos