Menu
Cowap
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loss of job i cant afford my current package

Due to being unemployed due to covid-19 we cant afford the package. We need to cancel it.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of job i cant afford my current package

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" call at 08.00, when you have the best chance of getting through to the UK call centre.

If you are out of contract there is a 30 day notice period and no penalty fees - if you are still in contract there will be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
brokenbob
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

all i get is call centers are closed and get cut off , waste of time advising people to ring i have been trying for 4 days 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Other option is to follow this advice.....

Due to reduced staff, a text service has been set up - send details of your issue and include your account number to - 07533 051809

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've made enquiries to virgin media's retentions team. As I'm currently on furlough myself. I've been on furlough since 27th March. I'm now on a 12 week  process of been made redundant. Which completes on 27th September. Their doesn't seem to much support for people been made redundant through no fault of their own 🙁.  Luckily I'm on good contract deal. So should be able to manage until I eventually find another job. One option I was given was to reduce my package. Which actually works out more expensive 🙁.  So I will stick with the package I'm currently on. As my package should be £116. I'm paying £77.20p my package is bigger bundle & movies maxit tv, 200mb broadband, talk more anytime. I also have 1 Samsung tivo, 1 v6, booster which are discounted. Which makes them free of charge 🙂.  So turns out I'm on a really good deal 🙂. So my advice to everyone is always renew your contract after 11 month and get the best deal you can 🙂. Loyalty pays off 🙂. If you can. Always get rid of packages you don't use anymore 🙂

J.H