Menu
norskyorkie
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Loss of everything HD5

Not for the first time recently, about 3 or 4 actually, everything broken, Internet and TV not working for an hour or so, didn't try the phone as I'd forgotten to number to ring Virgin.

Would be helpful idf they could put the contact number which I now know is 150 on the fault screen, giving a web address to check on service problems isn't really a help when the internet is down.

Huddersfield HD5 area.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of everything HD5

Hello norskyorkie,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your services and for the inconvenience caused.

I've had a look at your internet and TV services but I cannot find any issues or outages in your area. You've explained that this has happened a few times and sounds like it's an intermittent issue. Can you tell us more so we can get a clearer picture? For example, when your TV stops working, does it affect all live channels or On Demand and other streaming Apps such as as Netflix only?

What does your Hub lights show when it happens and if you can describe what else happens it would be great to help us look into this. 

About the fault screen, in addition to our service page online here  you may also ring the phone version of the check by dialing 0800 561 0061 which tends to cover more faults than our online version.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
norskyorkie
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of everything HD5

Hi, sorry for the tardy reply.

Things have settled down since the problems, the worst outage lasted over 2 hours.

As I said originally "everything " went, I forget the code but I had a floating message saying the channel wasn't available, this was on every channel and on both V6 and Tivo boxes.

The internet, catch up and landline were also unavailable, although my LAN worked so unlikely to be the router.

The V6 had a red light on the display and the router had a flashing green light obviously trying to connect to the Virgin services.

It seems strange that nothing showed up at your end, as you say it might not have been happening when you looked but our village Facebook page Yetton Matters, (Yetton is the local dialect word for Kirkheaton),was full of complaints about the problems according to my wife.

0 Kudos