Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loss of another channel

Once again I have lost access to another Tivo Box channel only this time it's a subscription channel. The channel is Netflix which is still  accessible on both my laptops.  

Just what is it with Virgin Media and this Tivo6 box.   I was watching a program on Netflix and after it ended I attempted to sign out as normal.   I pressed the back button  expecting to see the usual list of options. search, home etc but all I got was a black screen and in the top left hand corner is he word rating and 15 in a red circle and that is how the screen remains no matter how long I wait.  Initially I can get to the main Netflix page by pressing 204  on the remote but then pressing the red button on my remote it reverts to the black screen with the same word rating and 15 age restriction.  I've gone into all Apps and tried choosing the Netflix app but same result, black screen.  I've done all the necessary  resetting via the settings menus and still no good.    As I said no problem accessing Netlix via my computers so it can't be a wi fi issue.     Does the community have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of another channel

Have you restarted your TiVo box?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box restarted at the outset before I went into settings.  Re booting the box did nothing.  That is why I then went into settings and rest all the options. That did nothing.  Both laptops launch Netflix so not a wi fi issue.

I had a similar episode recently when I couldn't launch YouTube by pressing channel 198  on my remote, just a black screen.    Just wouldn't load YouTube so I tried a different route by going into on demand and picking best of the web which shows 20 popular shows  and I was then able to launch YouTube that way.

Even now pressing channel 198 for YouTube just results in a black screen so I always use the best of the web path for YouTube.

Netflix can be seen as an App if I choose Apps and Games from the Home page but pressing the Icon for Netflix merely ends with the black screen again. It's as if when I tried to sign out of  Netflix the sequence froze during the exit process and remains stuck.   

So if I am able to launch Netflix from a laptop  it can only be an issue with this Tivo 6  box.  Yes???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should have to just login - Netflix is NOT a VM subscription channel.

If the app isn't loading then you'll need to call as it is a problem for just you or a local issue.

@sh20 wrote:

Once again I have lost access to another Tivo Box channel only this time it's a subscription channel. The channel is Netflix which is still  accessible on both my laptops.  

Just what is it with Virgin Media and this Tivo6 box.   I was watching a program on Netflix and after it ended I attempted to sign out as normal.   I pressed the back button  expecting to see the usual list of options. search, home etc but all I got was a black screen and in the top left hand corner is he word rating and 15 in a red circle and that is how the screen remains no matter how long I wait.  Initially I can get to the main Netflix page by pressing 204  on the remote but then pressing the red button on my remote it reverts to the black screen with the same word rating and 15 age restriction.  I've gone into all Apps and tried choosing the Netflix app but same result, black screen.  I've done all the necessary  resetting via the settings menus and still no good.    As I said no problem accessing Netlix via my computers so it can't be a wi fi issue.     Does the community have any ideas?

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Youtube app was updated recently & disappeared from everyones Favorites, so this may have also caused a link issue with the EPG.

As far as the Netflix problem is concerned, go for a proper "Cold start" with the box. Turn it off with the switch at the back & leave it for 15 minutes or longer.

If this doesn't fix it then call faults.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks