cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at upcoming recordings on anotherv6 box

flipflop104
On our wavelength

Hello,

So I've got a V6 box in the living room and a 2nd box in the bedroom. I know I can watch recorded stuff from the living room box when I'm in the bedroom, but can I look at upcoming recordings and manage series links on the living room box when I'm in the bedroom?

Thanks in advance

28 REPLIES 28

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@flipflop104 wrote:

@nodrogd thanks - seems crazy that Virgin don't put an ethernet into the boxes so this issue doesn't occur (or supply good enough wifi!!!).  Looks like I'll have to buy some powerline connectors (another expense) - seriously considering moving to Sky or another provider 😠

Your WiFi issue may be contention with other neighbours hubs, an issue you could get with any provider. You can buy a car that goes at 100mph, but if you are stuck on a congested road you are only able to do the speed other traffic will allow you to do.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good analogy 😁👍

Looks like powerline connectors are the way forward then 🙄 - do you have any recommendations?

Hi there @flipflop104, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

You can opt for 3rd party boosters or you may wish to opt for Wi-Fi pods from us.
Let us know what you'd like to do and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

What are WiFi pods n how much will they cost as it's very frustrating paying for a box that doesn't function properly? Thanks

Hi @flipflop104,

You can find more information regarding our Wi-Fi Pods here with some additional help and support materials here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@Zach_R how much are they?

Hi @flipflop104,

There's information regarding costs in the first link I provided.

They can come as part of Wi-Fi Max if that's included in your current bundle. If it isn't, you can add Wi-Fi Max at £8 per month and you can take out up to 3 Pods if needed.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

So I have to pay extra for multiroom (£35 installation and an additional £10 per month) because I upgraded from TiVo to V6 (had an AV sender via a scart socket, which worked like a dream prior to upgrade) and am not advised it may not work sufficiently; and to make it work I have to pay EVEN MORE?  😡  ......Anyone know the phone number for Sky? 

Hi @flipflop104,

As advised, if you have Wi-Fi Max included as part of your bundle then there would be no extra cost. The links I provided earlier provide further detail.

If you're having some issues with your Wi-Fi service then I'd recommend downloading and using the Connect App for further support. It'll state if a Wi-Fi Pod would be beneficial and you can order one from the app.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team