cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at upcoming recordings on anotherv6 box

flipflop104
On our wavelength

Hello,

So I've got a V6 box in the living room and a 2nd box in the bedroom. I know I can watch recorded stuff from the living room box when I'm in the bedroom, but can I look at upcoming recordings and manage series links on the living room box when I'm in the bedroom?

Thanks in advance

28 REPLIES 28

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe my fellow VIP @jbrennand  is best placed to answer this, hope they don't mind being paged.

Even if (as I suspect) the TiVo software doesn't let you do this, the TV Control app certainly does.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@flipflop104 wrote:

Hello,

So I've got a V6 box in the living room and a 2nd box in the bedroom. I know I can watch recorded stuff from the living room box when I'm in the bedroom, but can I look at upcoming recordings and manage series links on the living room box when I'm in the bedroom?

Thanks in advance

Nope! You can only look at the My Shows list on other boxes. The TV Control app allows you to set recordings on any box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts wrote:

I believe my fellow VIP @jbrennand  is best placed to answer this, hope they don't mind being paged.

No problem.  

I can see ll the shows but never found a way to do what you are trying.  That said I havent tried that hard as I dont rally want/need to do it - so there may be a way - but I dont know it if there is 😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

flipflop104
On our wavelength

Oh that's a shame but thanks for all your replies

flipflop104
On our wavelength

Hello

I had an extra V6 box (multi-room) added to my package which was installed into the bedroom on Thursday last week. 

So over the weekend I have been in the bedroom trying to watch programmes that are recorded on the V6 box that's installed in the living room (which was installed a couple of weeks ago) but I frequently kept getting messages that said:

"Network Too Slow.  There are problems on your home network preventing you from watching this show.  If you are using a wireless network, you may want to to switch to using an Ethernet cable. (v69).  For more info, visit virginmedia/com/tvcode.  Options Try again or Cancel"

As far as I know it's connected by cable as they drilled through the bedroom wall and dropped a cable to the brown box that's outside my house and connected it to that (so not over a wifi connection as far as I know).

Every time I selected "Try Again" I would get nothing and the the screen would go black for about a minute before it would try again to play the programme and then go into a loop of showing me the network error described above.  After trying this for several times it would then just "lock"/"freeze" and I had to reboot the box to get anything to work again. 

This happened about 10 or 15 times over the weekend and is very frustrating for a new box that I'm paying for and don't feel I'm getting a suitably decent service from.

Anyone know how this can be fixed?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The boxes stream to each other over your home network via your Virgin internet hub, not the coaxial cable, which only supplies the broadcast TV channels. You will either need to connect an Ethernet cable back to your Virgin hub via a direct route or powerline connectors, or find some way of improving the WiFi connection, which I think it’s using now as the VM tech must have used it to set up your box when it was installed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No need to start a new thread for the same issue, better to keep in the same one.

Your V6's will each have 2 connections. A co-ax cable carries the live TV feed and is non-negotiable. The box also needs an internet connection for OnDemand & streaming, ideally it's via Ethernet cable but reliable wireless can be used.

It sounds like you're using wireless, in which case check the signal strength on the V6 - follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right.

@japitts It's not the same issue

flipflop104
On our wavelength

@nodrogd thanks - seems crazy that Virgin don't put an ethernet into the boxes so this issue doesn't occur (or supply good enough wifi!!!).  Looks like I'll have to buy some powerline connectors (another expense) - seriously considering moving to Sky or another provider 😠