Menu
Dwhiten
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Live tv pic freezing

Whilst trying to watch the boxing my live pic freezes, full sound and when I go to guide i can view it perfectly in the top right of the screen! Very frustrating watching the boxing for £25 only to view it on a portable size box! 
changed all hdmi cables, checked all connections, rebooted several times and still not working! 
any ideas please, Darren

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live tv pic freezing

Can you view other live TV channels and VoD ok?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dwhiten
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, if I re-boot and go straight to a tv channel it works fine, but if I re-boot and then go straight to live tv it all freezes. I hear the sound of the channel I’m on and the frozen pic of the live channel.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Dwhiten wrote:

Hi, if I re-boot and go straight to a tv channel it works fine, but if I re-boot and then go straight to live tv it all freezes.

Not sure I follow... live TV is a TV channel?

That saidm if you're getting sound and picture mixed up between channels, that sounds like a tuner issue to me. Treat that like you would a pixellation fault - reboot once and if symptoms persist, there's an underlying fault.

You can check the automated area faults line (0800 5610061) but that would be more of a box-tick in this case than anything.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dwhiten
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When I say live tv i’m referring to pay to view, it only occurred once I purchased the boxing at the weekend. I’ve tried calling virgin but as normal it’s not easy getting through.

thanks for your input.

darren

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Dwhiten,

Welcome to the community, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your Live TV.

We are unable to assist with this on this platform, but if you wish to raise a complaint regarding this let me know and we can do this together.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos