Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Live TV suddenly starts from beginning

Good evening. It’s difficult to explain but I shall try my best. 

for since we got the TiVo v6 box a year or two ago we set up series links. no matter the series link it does it to all of them. 

here is an example of what happens. 

We are just starting to watch ITV HD I’m a Celebrity live and this is actually set on a series link. When Ant and Dec came on to introduce the program (about 4 mins into the recording) it freezes, the channel bar comes up and it restarts to the beginning of the recording. We then have to press stop or fast forward to get back to live tv. 

No matter the program, it does the same thing if it is being recorded but we are watching it live. I must admit I keep forgetting to record it happening but it’s really really doing my head in.

Many Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live TV suddenly starts from beginning

Try doing this.

Instead of watching on Live TV, when the recording starts ( a few seconds after it appears in My Shows), start playing it back. You should find you then get uninterrupted viewing.

When you watch a live channel it is also buffering on the HDD. If a recording starts on that channel, the buffer gets “flushed” to accommodate the requested recording, which causes an interruption to Live TV. This should only be momentary, but if you are actually using the buffer at the time it will kick you out onto the recording.

Give it a try & see if it works.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I shall give it a try but it is annoying and I think virgin team should sort it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Andy_s87 wrote:

I shall give it a try but it is annoying and I think virgin team should sort it out

It didn't used to do this. However, to make all the tuners available for recordings it is not practical to have 2 tuners on the same channel (one for the live channel/buffer & one for the recording). Customers were complaining that they had recordings failing when there was a tuner available. Therefore the firmware was changed so that the recording was made on the same tuner used for Live TV.

With the Horizon 4 UI replacing the TiVO based UI in the near future any more changes are unlikely.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos