Menu
milnejpm
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lions Tour on Sky Sports Costing Extra?

I have  recently had sponsored ads on social media that showed Sky Sports is going to charge an additional £18 a month to watch the British and Irish Lions rugby tour to South Africa over the next month or so. Is this additional charge just for Sky's own direct customers or will this also be passed onto Virgin Media customers who already pay for a full package? This will be extremely disappointing if this is not included in the full sports package I am already paying for. Thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lions Tour on Sky Sports Costing Extra?

The ads are targeting people who do not currently subscribe to Sky Sports, not those who already subscribe (£18 is the minimum Sky charges it’s own customers to get the particular sports channel the games will be carried on. Sky allows its own customers to pick & choose their Sky Sports channels. As a Sky wholesale provider VM can only provide them “all or nothing”). Pay per view events are advertised as such, & appear in On Demand.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

milnejpm
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lions Sky Sports Ad.jpg

Ok so Virgin Media won't be charing me extra to watch these games? Also posted a screen grab of the Ad just for reference

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No, these matches are being shown on Sky Sports Action and if you already receive that channel (in SD or HD) you will be able to view the Lions Tour at no extra charge.

That ad is targeting Sky TV customers who don't currently have Sky Sports in their package, and for whom £18 is the cost of adding Sky Sports Action to their package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@milnejpm wrote:

Lions Sky Sports Ad.jpg

Ok so Virgin Media won't be charing me extra to watch these games? Also posted a screen grab of the Ad just for reference

Yep! If you've got Sky Sports on VM you will see them automatically. "Get Sky Sports today" is the clue, & the Sky website advert never mentions the word "extra" anywhere.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993