cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lights on V6

Thommo14
Dialled in

G'day

I've been experiencing flashing red lights on the front of my V6 box. This happens several times a day, and sometimes the lights also change to white.

Advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Red flashing arrows is an indication that the box has lost the connection to your Virgin hub & hence the internet. If you are using WiFi you may also find this light comes on if the WiFi connection is lost. They change to white when the connection is re-established.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Red flashing arrows is an indication that the box has lost the connection to your Virgin hub & hence the internet. If you are using WiFi you may also find this light comes on if the WiFi connection is lost. They change to white when the connection is re-established.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thommo14
Dialled in

Thanks for that. Still having the lights flash regularly, but streaming is fine apart from the occasional stutter.

Hi there @Thommo14 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you back.

We are so sorry that you are facing these issues with your V6 box. Can  just confirm are the lights still flashing? How is the box connected to the internet? Is this WiFi or an Ethernet cable? 

Thommo14
Dialled in

Hi Ashleigh

Lights are still flashing as previously advised. The box is connected via Wi-Fi. 

Thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Thommo14, thanks for getting back here to confirm these for us.

Sorry to see this issue is still present, could you tell us if this is affecting any of your TV services such as catch up/on demand or live channels and broadcasting at all?

Do you get any error messages or codes displayed on screen, and if so could you advise what it is?

Please let us know and we can advise more from there.

Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thommo14
Dialled in

Hi Adri_G

No error messages. I don't really watch catch up, so not sure how that is. Live TV channels are okay.

However, I am now experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity issues on my iPhone. It keeps on dropping connection, and when it it connected, it is sometimes very slow. I ran a speed test several times, and one test will report a download speed of 276Mpbs and the next will report 57.2Mbps.

I have tried the usual stuff to remedy this, but it has not made any difference.

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us Thommo14.

We're sorry to hear you're now experiencing issues with your WIFI at home. Is it just affecting your iPhone or other devices too?

Have you tried rebooting your handset, also turning off the WIFI on your handset and turning this back on? You could also try forgetting network and re-adding.

If this does not help, reboot your router.

Please try the above and come back to us, if you need further support.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi

I have 13 devices connected via Wi-Fi, but on the Super Hub 3's main page, under the 'Connected devices' section, it says only one device is connected via Wi-Fi. All devices can access internet okay, but just wondering if this is a bug with the Super Hub or if all connected devices should be showing.

Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Thommo14, 

Thanks for posting. 

Are you using the latest version of the app? 

If so, can you please try removing the app and clearing the cache and data from the device before reinstalling it?

Thanks, 

Nat