Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Light flashing red/white & alternating between welcome and Download screens plus Hard Drive noise

A few days ago the V6 box failed to start up when switched on.
Symptoms: 
* Light flashing red/white
* Screens alternating between 'Welcome' screen & Download icon screens
* Hard Drive whirring noise like an old dot matrix printed

Hanging on the support line now but only 20 mins in... (long time Virgin customer so I know I may need to hang on a while)

Suggestions gratefully received. 

thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Light flashing red/white & alternating between welcome and Download screens plus Hard Drive noise

Hard drive whirring noise is enough to diagnose HDD issues.

The rest would suggest failed software install. All things taken, failed box!

Hang on in there....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Light flashing red/white & alternating between welcome and Download screens plus Hard Drive noise

I made the mistake of pressing 1 to get a message to get online support. The Virgin Support system said "Wait a moment.." then cut me off. 

I repeated the process. Same thing happened.

Hopefully someone in Support will see this message. I feel for them, it sounds like it's the Support call software rather than human error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@drla wrote:

I made the mistake of pressing 1 to get a message to get online support. The Virgin Support system said "Wait a moment.." then cut me off. 

I repeated the process. Same thing happened.

Hopefully someone in Support will see this message. I feel for them, it sounds like it's the Support call software rather than human error.

Just by means of warning, the current response time for VM staff to respond on here is anything upto a week, and certainly several days. Upto you if you can wait that long before trying to call again.

When you call through, ignore all attempts by the IVR to get you off the line or encourage you to other means... stay on the line and you will usually enter the call queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Light flashing red/white & alternating between welcome and Download screens plus Hard Drive n...

Hey @drla

My apologies for the lat response to your post, we are working through the posts as quickly as possible.

I can see from finding your account that you had a new v6 box has been sent out to you. Have you had any further issues since you got the new box?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos