Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Leaving the virgin media

Hi,

I am leaving the virgin media as I am leaving to my home country mid of next week. 

I could not connect to the virgin media customer care to inform and I do not know where to hand over the equipment. I live in Edinburgh, the store in princess Street is closed. As I have very limited time for travel. Kindly suggest me the best option to contact virgin media, contact number, email etx

Regards 

Karthikeyan 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving the virgin media

Hello

Be aware that you have too give 30 days notice, all the VM stores are now closed and will not reopen all staff have been redeployed. There is no email for support queries I am afraid, the equipment will have to be returned  and currently VM are doing doorstop pickups by an engineer.

With regards to cancellations I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your information. Will text the number. Also I tried the support number for almost 20 times. Each call for 45min in the last 10 days to give the notice, but I could not. 

Thank you for the update

Regards 

Karthikeyan 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karthikeyan1818,

You should also ask for the returns packaging to be sent to a neighbour or friend when you contact VM about cancelling

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can also cancel In writing to...

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG. Include name address, contact number and all account details.
Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

Doesnt help with equipment return - but you can leave it with a neighbour if possible - say so on the phone or letter. There will be early leaving costs if your contract has not expired.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Karthikeyan1818,

You can also request a returns package and have it delivered to a friend/neighbour here request-returns-pack 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos