cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG TV and Virgin flicker

Ceejay2021
On our wavelength

We are having a weird problem. When we switch on the TV and switch to the Virgin box input the screen flickers and glitches. But if we turn the TV only off and back on, the problem stops. 

I've made sure the cables are in correctly and all seems fine. But the problem persists. It's only happening with the Virgin input not the channels already built into the TV.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

18 REPLIES 18

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Ceejay2021 

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable. Also a different HDMI port?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ceejay2021 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your TV

Have you been able to try a different HDMI cable and port as advised above by the very helpful newapollo? Keep us updated with how you get on and we'll investigate further if needs be

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ceejay2021
On our wavelength

I have now tried a different HDMI cable and the problem continues.

Thank you @Ceejay2021 and we are so sorry this didn't help.

Are you able to pop the set top box on for us so we can run checks on our side? 

Ceejay2021
On our wavelength

The problem has mysteriously stopped this afternoon but will keep an eye on it.

Thank you @Ceejay2021 

Please do monitor and let us know how things are looking going forward and we will do all we can do to help. 

It's back to not working properly again. Lots of flickering and then screen going blank. Will see if I can attach another screen to see if it's a TV problem or Virgin problem.

Thank you @Ceejay2021 and we are so sorry to hear that this error is back. Please do let me know how things are looking going forward and if you are able to try the second screen. 

If the issues persists we will be happy to run further checks for you, though we will need the set top box to be on.

Please could you run those checks? The box is currently on.