Menu
ludbrooks55
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

LG 43UK6300PLB Smart 4k and TV V6 Box problem

Hi

Just had an upsetting call to customer services so was hoping to get some more help from here.

I am in my 60s and not at all technical. I was encouraged to improve my TV to a 4K one as I don't get out much. It arrived and works fine with the antenna, av stuff and BluRay but cant get it to communicate with the V6. If the V6 is switched off then on again the TV screen shows the Virgin welcome screen and tries to set itself off but after a minute or so it turns into a no signal screen. My son spent 3 hours trying to get it to work - trying the different HDMI sockets etc but to no avail. We have ordered a new HDMI cable to see if that will help but I have read on here it shouldn't make a difference.

I phoned customer support for some ideas but was told that it is not a Virgin problem as the V6 box had a white light it was working OK and that it was an LG problem. Of course LG will probably say the same as their TV is working fine. I thought Virgin might have some clues as to what the problem might be and how I could fix it, it must be happening to other people who like me are not very knowledgeable, but she was not interestedand just told me that I wasn't understanding her technical advice (which was to try anew cable) . I must confess to feeling very tearful after the call as I feel stuck between 2 companies.

Does anyone have any ideas in case her advice of a new cable doesn't work?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: LG 43UK6300PLB Smart 4k and TV V6 Box problem

It sounds to me like your HDMI cable isn't 4k compatible, I think the new cable might just work

0 Kudos
ludbrooks55
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I do hope so.

0 Kudos
ludbrooks55
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It was !!!
Didn't realise there were different types of HDMI cable so an Amazon Basics 4K one did the trick. Thanks again.