cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kids On-Demand Saying We Need To Upgrade To Watch

asha_bristol
Up to speed

Hi,

This last week when the kids try to watch any on-demand content from Cartoon Network / Nickelodeon a message appears saying we need to upgrade to watch.

We are on the Virgin VIP package so we are already paying for this content.

Out of interest I did click on the upgrade option and it said we are already subscribed (as kids tv is included as standard on our package), but we still can't watch any of the on demand content.

Please can you fix this bug asap.

Thanks

Pam

38 REPLIES 38

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check your package again.

If your TV package is "Maxit" it does NOT include the Kids channels, which cost £5 extra to add.

The Kids channels were on a special free promotion that ended on 30 October, so you would have had access during October.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/new-kids-channels-player-package?_gl=1*5ix6qr*_ga*MTQ0... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That is not the issue. As stated in my original post we have the VIP package that includes kids content as standard. This problem only affects on-demand content. We can still watch the live channels.

This is obviously an error on Virgin's part. Please can someone from Virgin fix this?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VIP is a bundle that includes Broadband, TV & Phone components.

Look at your bill & see what TV package is part of that bundle, as the one included with VIP did change a while ago (it was Full House TV, now it is Maxit).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I've had a look and it's showing we are already subscribed to 'kids pick' as an optional extra.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can replicate this on my V6 with an active kids pack subscription, and have flagged this to VM Forum staff.

AtticusDraven
On our wavelength

I have this too we have access to all the live channels but on demand claims we need to upgrade 

Do you know if VM forum staff have picked this up yet?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I know this has been picked up, but can see the problem is still evident and replicable.

I've given the staff a nudge.

Hi asha_bristol, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to view the Kids channels and will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris.