Menu
MW8
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Karaoke channel

Hello, 

I have recently renewed my Virgin subscription without making any changes to the package. Previously I could access the Karaoke channel in Apps and Games but now it seems to be unavailable, I just get a continuous loading circle. Can it be made available to me again please?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Karaoke channel

Hi MW8,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Well this will just not do! Everyone loves Karaoke and we will try and help as much as we can to get you back up and singing your heart out.

Can we ask if you have recently rebooted your box at all? This sometimes rectifies any issues with our Apps loading. Also is your box connected through a Ethernet cable or wireless?

We have just checked our systems and we cannot see any issues with our on demand services which may be causing this issue.

Please can you try the above first and come back to us if you need any further help.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
RGA76
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

The app for the Kareoke channel no longer appears to be there, much to my child’s disappointment. Has it been taken off without letting us know?

Thanks. 
Rich

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Have you done the following to check if still  there ?

• Press Home on your remote
• Select Apps & Games
• Select All Apps

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

I'm sorry to say that it disappeared around the beginning of July. I enjoyed using it and was suprised it was removed as a recent article, Virgin TV consumption  states 

"Use of the service provider’s Karaoke app saw a 124% increase in usage time during the early lockdown,"

Guess we will have to rely on the You Tube app and search for karaoke on there, although I suppose the plus side is that by using You Tube  we get the original artists.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
RGA76
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The app is still there. When you click on it, you get a V6 compatible error message. I have the latest box & updates. 
Hate that VM don’t keep us updated. It’s £55 a year to subscribe to this channel.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Rich,

I'm not sure why you can still see the karaoke app when I can't.

I have the V6 box and it's all up to date with the latest Software Version (20.9.2.RC3-VMB-11-C68) Hardware Version 2048.0

I've also just made a new network connection via Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

I have 24 apps showing.Virgin Store, TV Upgrades, Netflix, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5

You Tube, STV Player, Pluto TV, Vevo, BBC News, BBC Sport, BBC Sounds, Radioline

France24, Al Jazeera, Get Fit Today, Body in Balance, Eros Now, Voot, Games and Slots

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
RGA76
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have a look in “On Demand” Dave. 
you’ll see it there. 

newapollo
Hero
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rich,

I've just found it there. I wonder if they broke it when it was removed from the Apps section as there's the notice saying it's currently unavailabe on the V6 , suggesting I use the normal radio channels or BBC Sounds app, along with, "we're working to fix this problem ASAP"

Oddly if I click Continue, it says checking your  account details, and then loads and works?

Dave

saladdays
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The Karaoke app has now stopped working in on demand. Please please please put it back VM my weekends are ruined.

0 Kudos