cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just renewed contract and BT/TNT sports no longer active despite being on included package list.

Daveycoder
On our wavelength

The title says it all really; I've just renewed my contract, and since the renewal date I've no access to TNT Sports (although they're included on the package). Can someone please advise?

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On a TiVo or V6, synch your EPG with account by following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels.

If the channels are still missing, then for whatever reason they're not in your package. Checking your updated contract would be the next step.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that - I didn't know I could do this! Unfortunately it's not helped at all; there's no TNT Sport on either the box or the TVGo app.

I've rechecked the contract and I should have TNT Sports, looks like I'll have to navigate through the horrendous support service again!

Daveycoder_0-1690714225288.png

Hi @Daveycoder, thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear what's happened 😔

Have you spoken to the customer service team since last posting yesterday? If so, have they rectified the problem?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Yes - after spending nearly 30 minutes on the help system, I finally got through to a CS Rep, where the answer (after ten minutes of trying to explain the issue) was simply "No, you don't have TNT Sport, it'll cost £18 extra a month. So should I go ahead and add that?"

My answer was no, at which point I was passed to retentions.

It seems that this e-mail:

Daveycoder_0-1690802853684.png

actually means "same package except for TNT Sport". It seems that the new contract changes you from "Mixit" to "Maxit" on the Sports collection, and this doesn't include TNT sport (not something that is mentioned anywhere in the e-mail).

I did finally get TNT sport added back - after an hour long phone call (really, the whole VM support site and telephone maze are terrible) - however I lost all UHD channels unless I pay extra, which I'm simply not willing to do.

So, yes, it got sorted out, although I lost some stuff along the way and it was a very painful process (although the final person I spoke to was very helpful), and I'm still at a loss as to (a) How this happened in the first place, and (b) why my account was saying I had TNT Sports but the system your Reps are using said I didn't - that's a bit of a disconnect between what you're telling me I have and what I'm getting. I doubt I'll ever find out why that is.

Anyone else who reads this, I'd recommend they check their channels to make sure they can actually access what they should have, and check when you sign a new contract that says "Same Package" that you actually get the same package.  

Hello Daveycoder.

Thank you for the comprehensive update.

Good news you managed to sport this out, sorry it took so long though.

We will make sure this gets fedback into the business to improve things going forward.

Were always here if you need anything else. 

Gareth_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Daveycoder wrote:

actually means "same package except for TNT Sport". It seems that the new contract changes you from "Mixit" to "Maxit"

It's actually the other way around. Mixit is the basic TV-tier that is broadly Freeview-equivalent, Maxit is the top-tier which includes TNT Sports.

Your contract mentions TV Essentials (which I believe is a basic level tier), and the various add-ons that would bring it to Maxit level.

I'd personally be more concerned that you're being told elements of that are not included when the contract clearly states they are - if that's not written proof, I'm not sure what is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Richardr1
Up to speed

Just looking at my contract online and it bears no relationship to what I actually have - e.g. it has the Sky Cinema channels on it, which I don't have, and 1GB broadband, when I have half of that. At least what I am getting is what I expect, but it is poor form of Virgin Media to have a "contract" online that is wrong. I hadn't bothered looking at it until reading this question. They must know which channels and services a customer has, so why can't that be what is shown? One wonders what the legal position is.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Richardr1, 

Thank you for your post and welcome back! 

There are a couple of reasons why that might be the case - more likely than it being an error. On some of the packages they can be bundled with Sky Sports or Sky Cinema - with one being optional, if at the time you upgraded/joined and you had chosen the Sky Sports option, then it would be that. In terms of the broadband - is the speed you're referring to from a wireless speed test? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Richardr1
Up to speed

No - in addition to 500 being the actual speed (actually usually up to 550) it is as per the package on my bill.

I'm being billed for the "Bigger Bundle plus Sports", which includes M500 Fibre Broadband, and a V6 box [price £149 less a promotional discount making it £115]. This is what I am getting and paying for.

The contract is for the "Ultimate Volt Bundle" which includes the "Volt Gig1 Fibre Broadband", both a TV 360 box plus a TV 360 mini box, and Sky Sports & Cinema Collection - hence faster internet, Cinema which I don't have, plus two 360 boxes that I also don't have, and is cheaper at £109.

It isn't something I'd looked at before reading the above, but I suspect there is a legal issue with Virgin Media choosing to put a contract on people's accounts that is complete fiction, and what's more has more services for a cheaper price than one is receiving and paying for. It is linked on the website from the same place as the bill.